Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Word on the street is...

Hello! If this actually posts it will be a miracle. I am attepmting to do this via my phone. I love technology...sometimes.
Things are plugging along. Job shadowing was fun. I got to go swimming in the Black Sea, it was super duper! We were near Turkey so I said what's up to the boarder patrol. :)
I got my permanent site placement. I will be near Turkey and Armenia, in Akhaltsikhe. What? You have never heard of it? Shame on you...get a map! Haha. My host family is really sweet and my school is brand new. My host mom is half Armenian and teaches it. Naturally everyone speaks Russian also. My georgian is sick nasty...JUST KIDDING!!! I am studying and trying my best.
We just had summer camp for the teachers training. It was pretty awesome. Physical fitness day, teamwork/ leadership skills day and Environmental day. The kids were really into it which was nice because we needed an energy boost. One girl wrote us the nicest thank you note I have ever read.
My host family now is still rockin out. Their house is coming along nicely. Oh! Funny side note- my new host family's house is under construction too!! Woohoo. Actually it is really cool because it means indoor plumbing. Holler at your girl! The winter may suck here but I will have a toilet in the house. Yea I said it.
I have really missed people from home lately. It is hard not being able to just call anyone I want. It's all good though, you know how I do!
Amanda and I visit each other like we have visitation rights. It is pretty funny but I love it. Speaking of, she got placed...wait for it...wait for it...BATUMI. Yea, you heard me, BATUMI!!! The beach resort haven for Georgians. Haha. It is cool for me. She will be doing tourism development there, and I will have a free vacation spot. Feels me??
All in all things are great. I am alive and well. Still no major illnesses so things are looking up. I'm poor but that is the point so...everything is as it should be! Haha.
One last thing for those of you that know me- don't worry everyone here knows that I am crazy. I am surviving because of my random noises, faces and BAD jokes. (Sarcasm too, however that does not translate as well...) Haha.
Aight home boys and girls. Gretch Out.
P.S. I want a chipotle burrito and Pizza. SO badly...

4 comments:

Kari said...

Are you sure you're not ill? With all the "sick nasties" in that post, you sound drunk.

And hey, maybe there will be skiing in your frigid neck of the woods. I'm in Maine and I totally found the perfect sweater for winter in the mountain house. Oh wait...when's the next time we can go?

Anonymous said...

haha im going this weekend kari! yea i said it, time to catch some fishies. love you gretch and miss you like crazy!! ok im out ill email you soon to catch up . love you like a fat kid loves cake!

Unknown said...

Yo Girl: ain't love grand? I'm glad things are going well. You didn't mention the spiders, are they still there? It's all good. Love you longtime.

Big Cheeseman

Anonymous said...

i would love to send you some chipotle