Saturday, July 12, 2008

July 6, 2008 Super Duperrrr

I am started my fourth week of training today! I cannot believe how quickly things are moving along. The language is becoming really fun and all in all I was being a little dramatic in terms of my struggles. I am doing well with it all. I am actually really lucky to be doing as well as I am with the grammar/vocabulary retention. Technical training is the more stressful – I teach my first english class tomorrow. Of course I got placed with 10th /11th grade, how exactly do I make grammar fun for 15-17 year olds during the summer? I will let you know after my first creative lesson plan. Haha.

Saturday I met Amanda in Khashuri. We played on the internet for awhile in the Peace Corps office there with a few other clusters. A bunch of us then went next door to grab some beverages and snacks. It was really quite fun to see some new clusters that are further away from the west-siders. Yeah, that’s right, for the first time in my life I can say “WESTSIDE!” and have it actually apply. Holler at a player when you see her in the streets. Haha. Anyway, Amanda and I had a lovely time with my family and stayed up most of the night chatting. We are freakishly similar and I will leave it at that. She is a ball of energy and my family absolutely adores her. Today we walked around the village and took lots of cool pictures with my sisters.

Tyler came to meet up with us this afternoon, and we all went to Brad’s house for some attempted Mexican food. Kathleen and Jen did their best to cook up some Mexican…pretty impossible here. They did an awesome job! It was a lot of fun. Garrick, a fellow trainee in a neighboring village, came over with his guitar! He sang songs, we stuffed our faces and relaxed all afternoon. Pretty sweet day. Amanda, Tyler and I came back to my place and chilled out for an hour or so then they hit the road back to Ruisi. We have to be in our villages by 8pm, (for those of you that may not know me- I am not the biggest fan of being told what to do and have never had a curfew in my life) needless to say, that has become quite challenging for most of us to abide by! In any event things are peaceful but never dull. I am learning so much and hope it never stops. Georgian culture is so intriguing. My host family rocks my world, I can only pray my permanent site placement is as awesome!!

Droebit Ojakhi da Megobarebi! Stavlob kartuls! (See you later family and friends! I need to study Georgian!) If only I could write that with the Georgian alphabet…than you would really see what I have learned. Too bad I didn’t install it on my computer before I left, oh well.

No comments: