Tuesday, June 17, 2008

16 hours later...

So we woke up SUPER early on Sunday to get to the airport where we had plenty of time to kill. That was fine with me...better than being stressed. We then borded the air plane and proceeded to wait for 2.5 hours on the runway. AWESOME. Needless to say, the 56 trainees were beyond ready to arrive in Georgia! I sat next to an awesome guy in the program and we chatted until we both passed out.

We made it with just enough time in Istanbul to jump on our connecting flight, what a relief. Once we arrived in Georgia, Peace Corps staff took us to dinner. After dinner we received lots of important information about this crazy week of orientation. We were all exhausted and ready for a good nights sleep!

Language class today was rough but I have high hopes. Everyone is wonderful here!!!! The country is beautiful. I have to run, people need the computer. I will write more later.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excited to hear that your safe and sound in Georgia. We miss you! And know you'll master the language in notime. Stay safe! We love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dude, long plane ride. Great attitude. YAY, you're there!!! Woo HOO! Rock Georgia! I can't believe you're doing this with so many other people. Yay for other badasses like you who are brave enough and caring enough to go on this awesome adventure. That's so great.

I don't even know what the Georgian language sounds like. I'm sure you're going to be great at it. God's made you a smarty pants!

Go Gretchen, go!

Anonymous said...

Yayyy Georgia! Glad you made it.

PS, whereeeee are the addresses you posted? I swear I did not imagine this, but I can't find them!

Anonymous said...

your blog keeps me happy :)
miss you and love you...stay safe

Unknown said...

Glad to hear everything is ok. The first few weeks is going to be the toughest....but you'll do great. I'm beaming with pride...Keep smiling, I miss you and love you very much

Anonymous said...

"chatted" until we both passed out-- like we don't know you.

Miss you Gretch- would you mind exerting yourself enough to tell us about Georgia? I hear atlanta has some good shopping. HA HA.