Wednesday, June 11, 2008

One Day and Counting

Today is my final day at home for 27 months. Honestly, it really has not hit me yet. Sure I packed my bags and keep saying my goodbyes...it just doesn't seem real. Everyone keeps asking me how I feel and I feel like I should lie and just tell them I am shaking in my boots.

The reality is that it will not hit me until I am living alone with a strange new family in Georgia. Until then I have the excitement of talking to people I am completely comfortable with about living abroad. It probably won't even hit me as hard during training because I will have so much to do!

I have been trying to relax, spending quality time with all the people I love. My brother and mom threw me an awesome surprise party last Saturday. I couldn't believe how many people came from all over the place. Thanks to everyone who made an effort to come visit, it really meant so much to me!! Lots of random stuff to do before I head to Philadelphia on Friday morning. I am starting to get very excited!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Gretch!

Unknown said...

All my best shnookums. I love you so much!

DELTA said...

Gretch, don't forget those handy travel phrases from Amy's book, such as; "May I borrow your belt for a tourniquet?", "How far is it to the Embassy/nearest border?" and, "Do you have some towels to clean up all this blood before the police arrive?". Just remember, a prepared traveller knows all the necessary phrases such as these before going, so she can show the locals how cool an American is in different social settings. Remember, nothing rattles us! We are the leaders of the world in showing natural grace and proper manners in situations others may find stressful.